Saturday, November 17, 2012

IAPPA SHOW!!

Hello Everyone,

Today is Saturday which means this is last day of what we like to call our "business vacation" down here in Orlando, Florida.
We are in the sunshine state because we attended the 2012 IAPPA show which stands for : The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions.
The IAPPA show is like nothing I have ever experienced before...in this one show is anything you could ever imagine going into an amusement business; from designers, to rides, to toys, to games, to water slide companies...over 5000 different businesses in this one building! I think you can catch my drift about this so I won't bore you!
But, there was so much to take in...it was like walking around NYC...with all the lights and people and food samples (haha) it was awesome!

To get some more information about IAPPA visit: http://www.iaapa.org/ and http://behindthethrills.com/2012/11/iaapa-latest-and-greatest-in-the-amusement-industry/

This opportunity to go to this event really opened my eyes to the amusement business, as I walked the isles with Universal and Disney head buyers for creative development or maybe the owners of Whales Tail, or the people that make our flags, and birthday party supplies. One of the people I did get to meet was the guy who is designing our new Lazy River!!! sshhhh dont tell anyone :p


These are a few photos from the show: including my badge I wore everyday, a ride (indoors) that I went on (Moser Rides), a new Seaworld ride that it still being built, and a view (from up in a pirate ship) of the show floor illustrating just a few of the thousands of vendors.


These are a few photos from our IAPPA social night at Universal Studios. This was a private event set up just for IAPPA memebers that distributed free drinks, food, and desserts. Best of all they opened up some of their major attractions like MIB, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster, Shrek 3d and more! One of the most memorable experiences of this night was a show put on over the water with projection screen, lasers, lights, water, and fireworks celebrating 100 years of Universal Films....needless to say it was epic.

 I am sure I could tell you about this show for hours on end as it has really left a huge impact on me but I will save more details for another day! 
Check out http://www.universalorlando.com/ for more information about some of the amazing rides they have there and about celebrating their 100 years of Movies! 


Have a great weekend!!

-SFP Staff


No comments:

Post a Comment